There are currently no opportunities available, check back later!
Founded in 1970, STYLE Advertising is a full-service advertising, marketing and public relations firm located in Birmingham, Ala., and remains the oldest agency in Alabama still operating under the same name for more than 40 years. We seek to inspire, spark conversations and tell client stories. Want to join us? Internship positions with our public relations and social media department are available for recent graduates or current students of public relations, marketing or communication programs for spring 2020. Internships last January to May 2020.
STYLE’s ideal intern is professional, innovative and a self-starter with a strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, creativity, ambition and a strong work ethic. An interest in public relations and social media is a must, along with strong writing skills and knowledge of our favorite language – AP style. (Oxford comma lovers need not apply.) An understanding of and experience with social media outlets and management systems such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and the role it can play in a business’ marketing strategy is key.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist agency public relations director, public relations coordinators and other staff in day-to-day tasks for clients
• Draft and distribute press releases
• Participate in client and staff meetings
• Contribute public relations and social media ideas for new business proposals and plans
• Update and maintain agency and client social media channels
• Perform clerical and administrative duties
• Compile and maintain media contact lists
• Write and edit copy for newsletters, blogs and brochures
• Coordinate with media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
• Ability to execute multifaceted tasks
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Live in or near the Birmingham area and have own form of transportation
To apply, email a resume and cover letter, along with links to personal social media profiles
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr or a blog) and 1-3 writing samples to
Emily Whitmire and . Article and press release samples from
class projects or assignments are great!
STYLE Advertising: PUBLIC RELATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY