April 17, 2017
- Sally Immell, Account Representative at Peritus PR
- Peter Pajor, Digital and Content Marketing Manager at TekLinks
- Luke Thomas, Direct Contact Coordinator at Strong Automotive Merchandising
March 20, 2017
Ryan Whaley, Six Foot Five Productions
Ryan is the director and producer of Six Foot Five Productions and the Visual Archivist for Arc Stories. Whaley developed his love for visual storytelling upon graduating at The University of Alabama. Whaley has worked as a director, writer, production manager and editor all on his own and joined the Six Foot Five team in October 2015. Fun fact: Whaley just so happens to be six foot five.
February 27, 2017
Garland Stansell, Chief Communications Officer at Children's of Alabama
Garland Stansell has been with Children's of Alabama in Birmingham since 1994, serving as Chief Communications Officer. In 2010, Stansell earned his Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) and has been played an active role on the state and national level with PRSA. Stansell currently serves on the PRSA National Board of Directors.
January 30, 2017
- Rebecca Stover, Sports Marketing Coordinator at SEC Network
- Ben Wilkin, Vice President of Marketing at Taco Casa
- Karen Thompson, Executive Director at Temporary Emergency Services
- Jay Kasten, Director of Sports at Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sport
November 29, 2016
Siarra Hollingsworth, Account Coordinator at Porter Novelli Atlanta
A May 2015 UA graduate, Siarra started as a Porter Novelli intern for both the health and social impact and consumer practices. She is now an account coordinator in Porter Novelli’s Atlanta office. During her time at UA, she served as the firm director of Capstone Agency, as an active PRSSA board member, had multiple internships and so much more!
November 29, 2016
Kristen Ellis, Account Coordinator at Porter Novelli Atlanta
A May 2016 UA graduate, Kristen was a Porter Novelli intern this summer. She gained experience with both corporate and consumer clients. Now, she is an account coordinator also in Porter Novelli’s Atlanta office. During her time at UA she was an account executive in Capstone Agency, president of C&IS ambassadors and had many internships!
September 27, 2016
Melva Tate, Owner of Tate & Associates LLC
Melva Tate is the owner of an award winning company, Tate & Associates LLC, and a human capital strategist. She manages three unique divisions: Strategic HR Partnerships, Career Touchdown and Melva Tate Speaks. These firms offer specialized services in executive talent search, human resource consulting, training & development and career coaching to top companies, universities and nonprofit organizations. She is a best-selling author, radio co-host, credible activist, serial entrepreneur and networking "Diva." With 20 plus years of solid industry experience, Melva has established creative ways to infuse her enthusiasm for the field of human resources and career development with her desire to help organizations succeed and employees to land and enjoy the job of their dreams.
August 30, 2016
Sara Franklin, Director of Public Relations at The Lollar Group
Sara Franklin is the director of public relations at The Lollar Group in Birmingham. As a UA alumna, she majored in public relations and communications and was an active member in PRSSA. With a wealth of experience, Sara is a board member of PRSA and our very own PRSA liaison.
April 25, 2016
Sam Nathews, Director of Communications & Digital Strategy for Responsibility.org
Sam Nathews hails from Montevallo, Alabama, (population 6,500) and graduated from The University of Alabama’s College of Communication and Information Sciences with a degree in public relations in the fall of 2012.
Sam joined Responsibility.org at the start of 2013 as communications associate. In his current role as director of communications & digital strategy, Sam leads all media relations and digital communications efforts. In addition to leading the conception, implementation and evaluation of many of our award-winning communications campaigns, he’s worked closely with NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal on various efforts to fight drunk driving, underage drinking and irresponsible alcohol consumption.
Before joining Responsibility.org, Sam worked as national media relations director for The University of Alabama-based LessThanUThink campaign, a student-led campaign designed to address the national issue of college-age binge drinking that Responsibility.org is proud to fund. In that role, he succeeded in garnering national coverage for the campaign in outlets such as ESPN, Associated Press and the Baltimore Sun, to name a few. This is also when Sam first discovered that, when standing shoulder-to-shoulder, he is eye-level with Shaq’s belly button.
See more at:
More Past Speakers
- Jacquie McMahon, Assistant Account Executive at Ketchum
- Rachel Uniatowski, Account Coordinator at Ketchum
- Diversity Panel
- Mark Mayfield, Editorial Advisor for UA Office of Student Media
- Vel Lewis, Director of Multicultural Affairs at The University of Alabama Student Government Association
- Internship Panel
- Micheal Anastasia, Eclipse (LA)
- Tori Vines, Whole Foods
- Abigail Gwarjanski, Indianapolis Colts
- Taylor Shelnutt, Compassion International (Colorado)
- Kaitlin Goins, Ketchum New York
- Blair Martin, Weber Shandwick Dallas
- Sarah Dougherty, Southwest Airlines
- Amanda Coppock, Senior Account Executive at Porter Novelli
- Alison Kapp, Global Brand Manager at Newell Rubbermaid
- Jennifer Jaquess, Managing Director for Red Mountain Theatre Company
- Chris Mainz, Senior Advisor of Executive & Strategic Communications at Southwest Airlines
- Grace Roberts, Account Executive at o2ideas
- Melissa Stewart, Account Executive at o2ideas
- Yvonne Taunton, Account Coordinator at o2ideas
- Jessica Paré, Athletics Communications at The University of Alabama
- Christy M. Evans, Markstein Consulting
- Lyndsey Lewis, Markstein Consulting
- Greg Wagner, Honors College at The University of Alabama
- David Majors, State Farm Insurance
- Jessika White, The Plank Center
- Louise Crow, Peritus
- Brian Price, 2013-2014 PRSSA National President
- Brian Keenan, Global Creative Initiatives Manager of Ketchum
- Rick Looser, COO of The Cirlot Agency
- Lindsey Roberts, Assistant Account Executive for GolinHarris
- Alyssa Howard, Media Associate for GolinHarris
- Leighton Brown, Press Assistant for The U.S. House of Representatives
- Brian Easter, CEO of Nebo
- Laura Rabushka, Digital PR Lead for Nebo
- Brandon Wilson, CEO of Wilbron Institute
- Heather Harder, 2014-2015 PRSSA National President
- Anna Ruth Williams, Founder of AR|PR